Mercedes-Benz Car-to-X Communication
What if you knew what was ahead of you on the Staten Island roads? That’s where Mercedes-Benz Car-to-X communication comes into play. So what exactly is this innovation, and how does it work?
- The system exchanges information between vehicles, and between vehicles and traffic infrastructure like traffic lights, via radios.
- It therefore provides drivers with useful information for what’s ahead, long before they encounter the situations themselves.
- Vehicles with Car-to-X communication also sends warnings and alerts to other drivers with the technology on the road, all on its own.
Examples of Information
Some examples in which Car-to-X communication proves especially useful include:
- Warnings of wrong-way drivers
- Notifications of emergency vehicles approaching and from which direction
- Where heavy traffic congestion currently is taking place
How It Works
Car-to-X communication works completely autonomously, without any input from the driver.
- The vehicle will receive a hazard warning, and compare the hazard’s location to that of the vehicle.
- When approaching the hazard, audible and visual alerts are transmitted to the driver, so that they can prepare for the situation or adjust driving patterns.
Why It Matters
Car-to-X communication is important because:
- It makes traffic safer.
- It helps to make the roads more efficient, as avoiding accidents allows traffic to flow more freely.
- It can be installed in models beyond those from the Mercedes-Benz brand, enabling a more connected road system.
Learn About Other Mercedes-Benz Innovations at Mercedes-Benz of Edison
Connect with Mercedes-Benz of Edison to learn more about various Mercedes-Benz innovations, from Car-to-X communication, BlueTEC® technology, to 4MATIC all-wheel drive and the PRESAFE system with pink noise.