Best Day Trips in Edison, NJ
Do you feel like you’ve taken advantage of much of what Edison has to offer, from the town’s varied restaurants to its expansive parks? Get away without traveling too far with these best places for a day trip in Edison, NJ, courtesy of Mercedes-Benz of Edison!
Visit Small-Town New Jersey
Pack up and head to a small New Jersey town for the day to stroll through their quaint downtown areas. Browse the mom-and-pop shops, grab lunch at a local restaurant, and enjoy exploring! Some suggestions include Somerville, Madison, or Hoboken.
Head Out on a Hike
Get away from Edison and head out on a hike! Near Edison, you’ll find the Rutgers Ecological Preserve, which features scenic trails for all ability levels. Don’t forget to pack a picnic lunch! Other compelling hiking locations include:
- Washington Rock National Park in Green Brook Township
- South Mountain Reservation in Essex County
- Six Mile Run State Park in Somerset County
Make Your Way to New York City
Easily accessible by car or train from Edison, New York City stands as the most densely populated city in the United States – and that means there’s plenty to do. Of course, you won’t fit everything into one day in the city, but here are a few suggestions based on your interests and preferences:
- For the tourist at heart, Times Square and the Empire State Building should top your list.
- Museum-lovers will enjoy the American Museum of Natural History and the Metropolitan Museum of Art, among others.
- Foodies will love every inch of New York, as there is no shortage of options to eat your way through the city.
- A more historical visit may include visits to the Statue of Liberty or One World Trade Center.
- Wrap up your evening with a Broadway show, or catch one during the day.
Prepare for Your Trip at Mercedes-Benz of Edison
If you already have your day trip mapped out, make sure you stop at Mercedes-Benz of Edison in Edison beforehand to browse our Mercedes-Benz SUVs with the best gas mileage to save money on the road!