Why Buy Certified Pre-Owned?
Beyond the assurance of a painstaking certification process and 24-hour Roadside Assistance, every Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes-Benz now comes with industry-leading coverage: an unlimited-mileage warranty for one year that can be extended for up to two additional years. So no matter what your odometer reads, your confidence will know no bounds.
To qualify for Pre-Owned Certification, a Mercedes-Benz vehicle must meet stringent criteria and pass a rigorous inspection.
To begin the inspection, a mileage/history verification is performed and owner’s manuals and spare keys are assembled.
11 Point General Inspection
- Identifiable Structural Damage
- Mileage and History verification
- Vehicle Maintenance Schedule Verification
- Verify all recall and campaigns have been performed
- Current Maintenance and Warranty Booklet
- Current Owners manual
- All spare keys including wheel locks if installed
- OEM Factory Window verification
- Roadside Assistance Program labels
- MBCPO inspection label affixed to B-Pillar
- Perform testing for Diagnostic codes
Engine Compartment and Pre-Road Test Checks
Mercedes-Benz engines undergo all oil and fluid inspections to ensure unmatched performance. Engine, transmission, and rear-axle oil, brake, clutch, and level-control fluid, among others are carefully examined.
13 Point Engine Compartment and Pre-Road Test Checks
- Engine oil quality and level checks
- Transmission oil check
- Rear Axle Oil check
- Transfer Case Oil Check
- Front Axle Oil check
- Antifreeze protection check
- Power Steering Fluid check
- Brake Fluid & Clutch Fluid check
- Windshield Washer Fluid check
- Level Control Oil, ADS
- Battery Condition and check
- Verify functionality of any moving linkages
- AdBlue level check
Engine Component & System Condition check
We perform a thorough condition check verification of your engine from filters and plugs to engine mounts and V-belts.
16 Point Engine Component Inspection
- Emission control System checks
- Fuel Filter check
- Spark Plug check
- Dynamic compression test (over 60,000 miles)
- Fuel Injection System
- Ignition System check
- Pre-Glow system check
- Vacuum pump check
- Boost Pressure Check
- Air cleaner / Filter check per maintenance schedule
- V-Belt and Poly V-Belt check
- Engine Mount check
- Heating and Ventilation Dust filter per maintenance schedule
- Active Charcoal Filter / Pre-Filter per maintenance schedule
- Recirculation Air Filter per maintenance schedule
- A/C Refrigerant Charge per maintenance schedule
Electrical Systems and Function Test
Everything on the vehicle that takes a charge, from the headlamps, fuses, and radio to the heated seats, front seat-belt presenters, and rear-window sunshade, gets checked and approved.
32 Point Electrical System Inspection
- Fuses condition and proper rating
- MIL check
- Instrument Cluster check
- Exterior rear view mirror check
- Exterior mirror fold-back operation
- Interior rear view mirror check
- Automatic dimming rear view mirror
- Radio and speaker function check
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System check
- CD Changer and DVD rear entertainment system check (if applicable)
- Cell phone and BlueTooth check (if applicable)
- Cigarette Lighters
- Voice Control Systems (if applicable)
- mBrace functionality and software check
- Switches check
- Steering Column adjustment and memory
- Seat Adjustment and memory check
- Heated / Ventilated Seats
- Front Seat Belt Extenders (coupe and Cabriolet)
- Front seat backrest latch/ Release (Coupe and Cabriolet)
- Front seat backrest latch/ Release Chime / Warning Lamp (Coupe and Cabriolet)
- Rear Window Defroster check
- Rear Head Restraint Retraction
- Rear Window Sunshade
- Headlamp Low / High Beam & All exterior lights
- Rear Seat Back rest latch / Warning Lamp
- Panorama Roof Function and Rollo Shades
- Interior and Entry Lighting
- Windshield Wiper / Washer systems
- Air-Scarf Functionality
- Rain-Sensor Functionality
Undercarriage / Drive Train
We get right underneath the vehicle to scrutinize the steering, suspensions, brakes, wheels, tires, and driveshaft.
17 Point Undercarriage & Drivetrain Inspection
- Drive Shaft Flex discs, couplings and Center Support Bridge
- Exhaust System /Connections / Supports
- Parking Brake and Cables
- Brake Lines
- Tire Wear including spare
- Wheel inspection
- Wheel bolt torque
- Wheel alignment check and adjust if necessary
- Brake Rotors and Pads check
- Shock Absorbers / Damper struts
- Suspension Inspection
- Self-Leveling Suspension inspection
- Front / Rear Axel Rubber Mounts / Bushings
- Check Steering Play
- Tighten Steering Gear Bolts for 463 vehicle
- Front Axle Ball joints
- Steering Shock for 463 vehicle
Chassis / Body
From body structure to glass, lamp frames, lenses, seat belts, and vanity mirrors, nothing is left out.
26 Point Chassis and Body Inspection
- Body Structure Inspection
- Glass, Lamp Frames and Lenses
- Central Locking System Function
- Mechanical Locking at all points
- Alarm System Function
- Power Window Operations from all points
- One touch and convenience Closing
- Interior Trim, Inspect Dash, Door Panels, Seat Covers, etc
- First Aid Kit – Inspect and Replace if inner seal is broken, check expiration date
- Multi-Contour seats
- Seat Belt Operation and Condition
- Front Seat Belt Height adjustment
- Front Seat Center Armrest and hinges
- Front Sun Visors / Vanity Mirrors, Rear Vanity Mirrors (if equipped)
- Roll Bar / Pop Up Headrest
- Parktronic (if available)
- Soft top and Seats, condition and operation
- Aircap – Check operation and proper movement according to vehicle specs
- Door / Trunk Lid Closing Assist
- Trunk Release
- Tailgate ClosingAssist
- Rear Facing Third Seat (Station Wagon)
- Door / Trunk / Tailgate Seals, Inspect Drains
- Sliding Roof function Drains and Headliner
- Inspect Glass Roof for Scratches / Corrective action
The road test is conducted firsthand from the driver’s seat: instruments, vibration and noise, shift lock operations, and more are all checked.
14 Point Road Test Inspection
- Speedometer / Odometer / Tripmeter
- Steering / Vehicle handling / Centered Steering Wheel
- Braking System Performance / Parking Brake Operation
- Automatic Climate Control Function, Regulation, Display, Odors
- Cruise Control Function
- Verify Navigation Function
- Verify Distronic Function
- Engine Performance
- Excessive Exhaust Smoke (Diesel)
- Vibration and Noise (Drivetrain / Wheels)
- Transmission Shifting (upshift / downshift, Kickdown)
- Shift-Lock Operation
- Wind Noise
After our test drive, we check for leaks, verify the proper fluid levels, and complete the inspection of the climate control begun during road testing.
3 Point Post-Road Test Inspection
- Fluid Leaks – Visible Inspection
- Automatic Climate Control
- All Fluid Levels (under hood)
A Certified Pre-Owned vehicle is a clean-skinned beauty, as free as dings, dents, rips, scratches, and scuffs as we can make it, with high quality fit and finish, inside and out.
32 Point Appearance Inspection
- Engine wash
- Trunk Mats
- Spare Tire, Tools & Jack, Check Tirefit sealant expiration date
- Moisture and Odor
- Vacuum and Shampoo
- Floor Mats
- headliner, Door Panels
- Buttons Knobs and Vents, Instrument Panel
- Glass and Mirrors
- Wood and / or Chrome Trim
- Vacuum and Shampoo
- De-grease Door Jambs, Hinges, Kickpanels and Visors
- Moisture and Odor
- Dings, Dents and Scratches
- Examine Paint
- Examine and Clean Chrome
- Glass and Mirror Housing
- Lamp Lenses
- Trim and Moldings
- Door Edges, Frames
- Wash and Wax
- Scuffs and Scratches
- Cuts and Gouges
- Wash and Polish
When you choose a Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) Mercedes-Benz, you get much more than an extraordinary automobile.
You get industry-leading coverage — which now includes unlimited mileage with all CPO warranties.†
See the most Frequently Asked Questions.
Additional, affordable coverage that starts when the standard warranty ends.
Every Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned (MBCPO) vehicle is covered by the standard MBCPO Limited Warranty — which now runs for 1 year with unlimited miles, starting when your vehicle’s original 4-year/50,000-mile* Mercedes-Benz New Vehicle Limited Warranty expires.
So that you can continue to enjoy unparalleled peace of mind when the CPO Limited Warranty ends, our Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned Extended Limited Warranty program offers additional coverage for either 1 or 2 years — now with unlimited miles.
*Whichever comes first. Please see your Mercedes-Benz Dealer for a copy of the Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty and the Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned Extended Limited Warranty.
Every vehicle is backed by one of the most comprehensive certified pre-owned warranties available — now with unlimited mileage.
Every Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned (MBCPO) vehicle comes with unparalleled peace of mind. For starters, it´s covered by any remaining portion of the
Mercedes-Benz four-year/50,000 mile* New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
Then, the MBCPO Limited Warranty provides comprehensive vehicle coverage for another 12 months — now, with unlimited miles. For those MBCPO vehicles that are no longer covered by the New Vehicle Warranty, the MBCPO Limited Warranty takes effect at the time of delivery.
Coverage extends to the engine and powertrain, steering, suspension, brakes (excluding wear of discs and pads), electrical system, climate control system, and more.**
*Whichever comes first.
**Please see your Mercedes-Benz Dealer for a copy of the Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty
24/7 Personal Assistance
You are only a phone call away from 24-hour Roadside Assistance, Sign and Drive service (a free jump-start, flat-tire change with your existing spare, or some fuel for an empty tank), Trip Interruption and trip routing, product and technical information, or anything else related to your Mercedes-Benz.
Nationwide Dealer Support
Your Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned vehicle is supported by more than 300 authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealers nationwide, all of whom honor the standard Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty and Extended Limited Warranty.
Trip Interruption Coverage
Part of Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance, the Trip Interruption program reimburses** you for expenses up to $300 per day for up to three days in the event of a warranty-covered breakdown occurring more than 100 miles from home and causing an unexpected stay overnight.
**Reimbursement includes actual documented meal, lodging, and substitute transportation expenses incurred while your Mercedes is repaired at an authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealership.
Vehicle Exchange Privilege
Every Mercedes-Benz Certified Pre-Owned vehicle is sold with a seven day/500 mile Exchange Privilege*. If you are not satisfied, return within seven days/500 miles (whichever comes first), and the authorized Mercedes-Benz Dealer will exchange it with another Certified Pre-Owned vehicle of equal or greater value (if the buyer wishes to pay the difference).
*See your Mercedes-Benz Dealer for details.
Find the perfect Certified Pre-Owned Mercedes‑Benz